Monday, March 31, 2008

All over but the zipper!

In a fit of insomnia last night, I put in the sleeves on my Central Park Hoodie. Here's a picture of the finished product. It's a terrible picture, because sadly it doesn't seem to be possible to take a decent picture of me in my bedroom mirror.



There's all sorts of stuff wrong with my CPH. The pattern isn't especially flattering on my body type, there's an error in the ribbing, and the seaming is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. And yet I love it. I made a sweater! Me! I feel like I am finally a "real knitter."

I still need to put in the zipper. The pattern calls for an open cardigan with no fastener, but that definitely would not work with my immense boobage. In that picture, it's held together with a safety pin. However, I'm contemplating holding off on the zipper until the next time I visit my parents and can make use of my mom's sewing skills/ sewing machine. I'm thinking about getting some sort of kilt pin type thing and sticking that where I currently have the safety pin. Is that cheating? Do I care?

No comments: