Monday, March 3, 2008

Seaming has Commenced

One of the things I love about knitting is the constant opportunity to learn new and interesting thing. For instance, last night and today I have learned why everyone hates seaming so much. I think I've finally got the hang of it, but it sure is tedious and time-consuming. I've attached the right front of my sweater, and tomorrow I will attach the left front. After that, it's on to the sleeves.

The sleeves are another conundrum. I have freakishly short arms, and I think this is my first opportunity ever to own a sweater that didn't require me to roll up the sleeves. I'm very excited. I'm not so excited about doing the math necessary to make this work. I remember reading instructions for shortening sleeves somewhere, but I can't for the life of me remember where. I think after I psot this I'm going to sit down with the pattern and see if I can't figure it out for myself.

Anyway, as soon as the side seams are done, I will post pictures.

No comments: