Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Further thoughts on the second sweater

Ok, so here's what I think I'm going to do for my second sweater.

I think I'm going to do another Central Park Hoodie. I like the idea of being able to look at a version of the sweater while I try to map out modifications, and I think that the CPH would work well in the Comfy that I have just ordered from Knit Picks.

I am going to knit the thing in one piece, and I'm going to try to do EZ's fake seams, to give the sweater structure. I'm going to do a 32 inch back and a 36 inch front, in an attempt to make the sweater fit better. I'm also going to add some waist shaping. I'm going to shorten the sleeves a bit more than I did this time, because even though I took three inches off of the finished product, they were still too long. And I'm going to substitute more-awesome cables for the simple ones in the standard CPH. I think I am going to do Barbara Walker's Saxon Braid for the double cables up the back and the sleeves. For the smaller cables, I might try to unvent the braided rib cable here.

I can't decide whether I'm going to do the hood or not, but I don't have to decide that right away.

The CPH is the single most popular cardigan pattern on Ravelry, and I feel like I should choose something more interesting and creative. But I don't think I'm going to. I think I'm going to be boring. The pattern is popular for a reason.

No comments: