Thursday, April 10, 2008

Seed stitch is pretty

That's the conclusion that I've come to while working on my Green Tea Raglan. It's also much less of a pain in the ass now that I'm a continental knitter. I would post a picture, but my camera's batteries are dead.

That will clearly have to be rectified immediately, because tomorrow morning I leave for NY and D.C., where I will be doing research, celebrating Passover, and ogling my adorable nephew. The camera is necessary for the adorable nephew, but not for the research, since they don't allow cameras at most of my archives. Sadly, there will be no nephew pictures, because I'd have to ask my brother and sister-in-law, and that would entail telling them about this blog, and I'm not sure that's such a good idea. They already think I'm enough of a freak as it is.

For knitting, I am bringing my sweater and the Hedera socks that I abandoned sometime around New Year's. They're really close to done, and I need to bite the bullet and finish them. I've also packed the weird Kaffe Fassett variegated sock yarn that I purchased in December for some inexplicable reason and have since not been able to figure out what to do with. Hopefully a change of scenery will give me some inspiration. There should be lots of time for knitting, because the plan is to drive down to D.C. with the aforementioned brother, sister-in-law and adorable nephew, and then drive back up to NY. Plus, it's anyone's guess whether my plane will actually get out tomorrow. I may be sitting around Midway for a long time.

So anyway, I don't know how much blogging will be going on. It depends entirely on whether my parents' neighbors have wised up and password protected their WiFi.

No comments: