Thursday, February 19, 2009

Teeny tiny

I made tiny little mittens for my friends' baby. Here's a picture:


The pattern is Knituition's Nordic Baby Mittens, with a few minor design changes. First, I shrank them a little bit to fit a newborn, rather than a six-month-old. I cast on 36 stitches and increased up to 42, instead of the 40 and 46 in the original pattern. I also used Kitchner stitch on the top, instead of three needle bind-off. Finally, I designed my own stranded motif, which was necessary since I'm using fewer stitches than Knituition's pattern. Here's the chart I worked out:


Feel free to nab it if you decide to make your own teeny tiny baby mittens.

2 comments:

kathbot said...

Oh those are too cute! Those would be perfect for me to ease myself into colorwork.

Myownigloo said...

Cute!