Saturday, June 28, 2008

Oh no!

So remember how a while back I bought yarn for my mom's socks from Peggy's Strands of Heaven, a cute little LYS way out in the western suburbs? It appears to have closed, albeit hopefully temporarily. I really hope it reopens, because I liked it a lot and would definitely go back there if I were ever out that way again.

I've got to say, though, that I'm skeptical that it was the economy that did in this LYS. The construction situation, which completely obscured the store and made it difficult to get there even if you could find it, must have been a factor. And more than that, it really seemed like a hobby store run by someone who was not what you'd call an ace business person. The store hours were really limited, and I don't think she did a great job with publicity. At least, the only reason I found out about them was that I absolutely stumbled onto them on KnitMap. I'd like to think that when the construction ends and the store re-opens, they'll be a little more business savvy.

No comments: