Monday, June 30, 2008

Fail!

So the most interesting thing going on here is my vertigo, which isn't all that interesting. It's mostly just bad. I am irked at the vertigo situation. So apologies for not being especially coherent tonight.

So I set out to do a Shazza's Bucket hat, and it did not work. It's a great pattern, but there's no gauge indicated, and I clearly got it wrong. So it is now Shazza's lamp shade:



I'm going to run it through the washer and dryer to see if it shrinks a little, but I suspect that a lampshade is what it will stay.

I have been frustrated by most of my knitting recently. I don't know if that's a function of my knitting or if I just have higher expectations than I did when I was starting out. I'm going to move on to the stranded mittens that I'm test-knitting and try to get through my current irritating knitting slump.

No comments: